PAST BLOGS

9/15/2007

reconciliation


he made it appear easy as if tossing spaghetti in a bowl; the only difference is that the spaghetti is jet black and that each noodle strand is attached to the bowl which holds a great amount of questions, memories and secrets of my life.

as i gaze upon the glass box before me, i saw how his hands act like a samurai swiftly cutting each tall grass of life’s uncertainty growing from my scalp. the moment i shut my eyes, i felt my head getting lighter with each stroke and cut of the twin blades running back and forth just millimeters above my scalp. each quick slashing sound of the scissors brings a therapeutic relief to my senses. the depression of not having what i think should be the right job for me diminished, the fear of not knowing what lies ahead of me was lessened and the attacks of sporadic loneliness was suddenly stifled. i was then enticed to rest on the comforts of sleep but the nudge on the mole at my head brought me back to my seat where i was still subject to the ceaseless cutting of the hairdresser.

after a number of seconds, it finally dawned to me how he might have missed my instructions: give my hair a make-over ergo, give me a not-too-short but stylish haircut.

i was brought back with my haircut years ago when i had less problems, less uncertainties, and less worries. before panic could reach any of my nerves, he was keen enough to ask my place of work, which shunned away my fear of looking like a sixth grader or a high school cadet.

a short haircut is always a safe cut and is not bad at all. nearly bordering on being a semi-bald, this uber short hairstyle is easy to wear and is light on the head. but that fact that i don’t get what i expected disappointed me a bit. life has already offered me lots of disappointments, and getting another from something that you expect to bring you what you wanted hits harder.

the hairdresser brought me back to my former hairstyle for a reason. maybe he was trying to tell me that managing problems can be like managing your hair. you toss it around, you style it, you manage it, you look at it in different angles, and you cut it straight away if it becomes a burden in your head.

4 comments:

Virginia said...

love the last line:

'the hairdresser brought me back to my former hairstyle for a reason. maybe he was trying to tell me that managing problems can be like managing your hair. you toss it around, you style it, you manage it, you look at it in different angles, and you cut it straight away if it becomes a burden in your head.'

Dos Ocampo said...

wow, Poetic! Love the last line, cinema-like.

ikay the dancer said...

*praise* speechless. :)

jay-p said...

Great writing.

there seems to be something amazing everytime I go to hairdressers and even barbers, the way they move toss your har and just shard hair off.

yeah, hair is a burden that'why I sometimes have them cut all off. Less problems.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...